Dr. Michael Coroneos, FRCS, FACS
Dr. Michael Coroneos is the Chairman of the Education and Training Board (ETB) and the Chairman of the National Council of Australia.
- Senior Brisbane brain and spinal surgeon and Master CIME.
- Undergraduate training at UQ with MB BS (1st Class Honours) in 1980.
- Master CIME (AMA 4,5 &6), Exam Certified American Board of Independent Medical Examiners(ABIME).
- 6 Surgical College Fellowships: FRACS(Australia), FACS (USA), FRCS(IRE) (Ireland), FRCS(EDIN) SN (Edinburgh), FRCS(ENG) England, FRCS(Glasg) Glasgow, Fellow WAMS (World Academy Medical Sciences).
Memberships & Activities
- Member of the Academy of Surgical Educators(MASE) of the RACS, Clinical trainee pre-SET RACS examiner National Centralised Examinations of the RACS and a Mortality Assessor (1st & 2nd Line) for the RACS(QASM).
- Chairman of the Healthscope Hospital Medical Board and Member of Patient Care, Medical Credentials Committees for many years.
- Chairman, World Academy Medical Sciences WAMS Education and Training Board.
- Member, WAMS International Board of Neurosurgery.
- Member, WAMS International Scientific Council.
- Fully accredited PI Assessor: (i) Master CIME from American Board of Independent Examiners( USA), (ii) WCQ , (iii) GEPI – 1 & 2,(iv) Comcare Australia, (v) WC N.S.W. SIRI.
- Major Neurosurgical interests are spinal surgery, chronic pain and PI assessment. I am passionate about training/assisting medical students and junior doctors, and also educating the public on medications and surgical risks and safety. I have been a relentless advocate against opioids, alcohol and tobacco both on LI and in my professional work.
- Global Goodwill Ambassador Australia: LinkedIn.
- Other interests in Australian music of the 70s.
- Honorary Adjunct Associate Professor and Examiner Bond University, Robina.
Qualifications include: Master CIME, FWAMS, FRACS (AUS), FACS (USA), FRCS(IRE), FRCS(EDIN), SN FRCS(ENG), FRCS(Glasg), MB BS (1st Class Honours, 1980)
Memberships: Member of Academy Surgical Educators RACS, MAPS, MNSA, MNSQ, MWAMS.