WAMS EXECUTIVE COUNCIL
The WAMS Executive Council, headed by the President of the WAMS, has direct authority on all the units of the Academy. It consists of 55 members (including the President) who are the most senior fellows of the Academy. The members have the title of "Academy Council Executive" (ACE). Constitutional rules and regulations of the Academy are prepared and decided on by the Executive Council. Admissions to Academy fellowship get the final approval from the Executive Council. Having the supreme authority at the Academy, the Executive Council reviews, discusses, debates and decides on major and determining issues, subjects and matters at the Academy, and it makes the final and conclusive decisions on practical, academic,administrative and constitutional matters and issues. Actions and decisions regarding such matters and issues related to departmental and commissional units of the Academy are also made by the Executive Council. All of the global legislative and constitutional acts, matters and issues passed from the WAMS general Council (World Council) get the final approval from the Executive Council.
WAMS GENERAL COUNCIL
The WAMS General Council (World Council) members are the countries' delegates who are selected from Academy fellows and members.
Chaired by the First Senior Vice-President, the WAMS General Council prepares and votes on legislative, constitutional, structural and practical issues in the Academy's international system as well as its global network. Functioning as the constitutional body of the Academy, the WAMS General Council also debates, votes and decides on the Academy's affairs and matters.
The WAMS General Council discusses and debates on issues and matters in world medicine in order to generate related norms and standards accordingly.
The General Council also votes on constitutional and structural issues and matters upon suggestions or requests from the Executive Council, and in such cases the General Council's decisions and rulings are final. General Council members are Academy members as well. Any internal debates at the General Council on its own voting, rulings and decisions are decided on by the General Council's Executive Commission which is headed by the council's chairman, who is also the council's chief executive, and also includes the chairmen of the twelveDivisional Councils as commission members. The members (delegates) of the WAMS General Council are selected from the members and fellows of the Academy.
Preparing for its first annual meeting, which is to be held towards the end of this year, the WAMS' General Council is now in the process of finalizing the country lists of its delegates (See list below). The main subject of the program at the meeting will be involving the first piece of work related to an international charter of medical norms and standards which has been planned and worked on recently.
Setting norms and standards in science in general is not an easy task, and in the science of medicine, in particular, it is highly difficult. One big part of the difficulties, where the public and medical professionals are involved inter-connectedly, comes from ever-happening discrepancies, conflicts, disputes and controversies we face daily, and not much is done about it because there is no universal consensus about it. Unilateral institutional dominance, and commercial and scientific monopolies and their consequential subjugation make the difficulties more dramatic and frequently worse.
If a vital but controversial medicine approved, sold and used in some countries is banned in some others, a universal platform for getting to know it and discussing it, and debating and ruling on it must be put in place. Why such a medicine is unsafe or why it is not must be questioned. Why a widely used life-saving operation technique is not used in the country where it was developed must be questioned. Why an important scientific theory firmly settled on research-based literary platforms is not adopted as much as it is expected to be must be questioned and probed into.
In our practice of clinical and research medicine, which is built on a foundation of trust, honesty and integrity, we have sizeable volumes of guidelines, protocols and fundamental ethical standards in use. In this medium, scientific controversies and disputes would only be expected to refine and distill our knowledge and enrich our insight. But the reality is disappointing. The good thing, however, is that the remedy is in our hands.
WAMS GENERAL COUNCIL'S EXECUTIVE COMMISSION
The General Council's decision-making executive body, the executive commission, which is headed by the WAMS General Council Chairman, has 500 Members coming from the WAMS' eight divisions proportionally to the numbers of their WAMS members, the total numbers of WAMS delegates and the total numbers of medical professionals and populations.
NATIONAL WAMS COUNCILS
All the WAMS National (State) Councils of the member countries function under the authority of the WAMS General Council (WAMS World Council). The members of the WAMS National Councils are the delegates of the WAMS General Council. They are WAMS members or fellows. Led by council chairmen, they are prominent medical professionals coming from institutional and private medical sectors. The numbers of the National Councils vary being directly proportional to the countries' general populations as well as the volume of medical professionals (see divisional map and country list).
COUNCIL FOR INTERNATIONAL MEDICAL ACADEMIC RANKING AND GRADING (CIMARG)
The national-international need and demand across the world for public and professional domain tools to help compare, in groups, medical schools and colleges, hospitals, medical institutions and organizations, clinical and research laboratories and institutions, pharmaceutical laboratories and companies and other medical institutions, laboratories and companies in terms of quality, reliability and success necessitates a reliable and infallible source of information that provides the public and medical professionals with a comprehensive up-to-date guide in this regard.
The WAMS' unique academic ranking in medicine is practically and academically the most reliable global reference source of its kind for the public and medical professionals to use to compare medical schools and colleges, hospitals, medical institutions and organizations, clinical and research laboratories and institutions, pharmaceutical laboratories and companies, biomedical research laboratories, biotechnological laboratories in their specialty fields at overall levels regarding professional quality, reliability and success. The criteria in the Academy's methodology of ranking and grading apply to ratings also on institutional ethics, virtue, character, capability, professional manners, published works, studies and materials, participation in international activities and work in their own specialties and fields, as well as awards, and international membership affiliations.
The Academy's ranking criteria not only represent the listed hospitals and institutions' standings at a given time, but also provide significant changes aiming to enhance the comparability of ratings on hospitals and medical institutions.
INTERNATIONAL MEDICAL SPECIALTY BOARDS COMMISSION (IMSBC)
"In any living multicellular organism, whose multicellular existence is totally based on intercellular subsistence, a multicellular act or happening is absolutely impossible to start with or from a solitary cell action."
M. M. Karindas, MD, FWAMS
The WAMS' International Specialty Boards Commission is the international executive authoritative body of the Specialty Boards of the Academy. It globally promotes and administers scientific, academic and practical advancement in the specialty fields of clinical and basic medical sciences. It multidimensionally supports practical and academic standards of medical specialties and their related fields and help them maintain their quality and efficiency at highest levels.
The international specialty boards of ISBC nationally and internationally have a wide range of academic and practical work, duties and missions in clinical and basic medical sciences including official scientific clinical and research work and consultations, lectures, conferences, seminars and courses, integral "Case Reports" work and consultations, official informative reports, informative discussions and informative meetings, official independent inquiry reports, and official expert reports and expert witness testimonies at national and international courts. They particularly cooperate and work on national and international clinical referral cases that require comments, consultations, discussions and decisions. They may also independently assign their fellow members to central, medial, lateral, distal and peripheral duties and missions; all the performed work, duties and missions are awarded (paid for) in Academy Credits (AC) [ 1 AC = 1000 USD ].
The 115 chairmen of the specialty boards are the members of ISBC. The Commission’s Executive Board has 56 members who meet quarterly on routine basis. The Commission’s chairman, also the chairman of its Executive Board, is a Vice-President of the Academy and also a member of the Academy Faculty's executive committee as well as an ACE (Academy Council Executive). The commission members choose the chairman and the Executive Board members by voting independently with the approval of the Executive Council of the Academy.
Governed by the Commission, all the International Specialty Boards have direct relations with the principal and affiliated Academy Hospitals and Clinics across the World. They also have direct relations among themselves. They independently admit their own members who are basically required to hold Academy fellowship or membership.
The members of the 115 specialty boards independently vote and decide on national and international scientific and academic issues and matters in their own fields. They also have full authority to make decisions on routine or particular clinical cases, referral cases and research cases and their related issues and matters nationally and internationally.
ISBC's 115 INTERNATIONAL BOARDS:
- International Board of Accident and Emergency Medicine / Ambulatory Care Medicine
- International Board of AIDS
- International Board of Air Ambulance Services
- International Board of Alternative Medicine
- International Board of Ambulance Services (Ground)
- International Board of Aviation / Space Medicine
- International Board of Anaesthesiology
- International Board of Anatomy, Embriology and Histology
- International Board of (Medical) Anthropology
- International Board of Biochemistry / Clinical Chemistry / Pathobiochemistry
- International Board of (Medical) Biophysics
- International Board of Biotechnology
- International Board of Biotechnology Enterprises
- International Board of Blood Banks
- International Board of Cardiology
- International Board of Cardiovascular Surgery
- International Board of Cell Biology
- International Board of Cellular Oncology
- International Board of Clinical Oncology
- International Board of Community Medicine / Preventive Health Care
- International Board of Connective Tissue Diseases
- International Board of Dentistry
- International Board of Dermatology
- International Board of Ear, Nose and Throat
- International Board of Endocrinology
- International Board of Environmental-Industrial Medicine
- International Board of Epidemiology and Biostatistics
- International Board of Family Medicine
- International Board of Forensic Medicine
- International Board of Gastroenterology
- International Board of Genetics
- International Board of Geriatry
- International Board of Health Insurance
- International Board of Hematology
- International Board of Hepatology
- International Board of History of Medicine
- International Board of Honorary Medical Academicians
- International Board of Human Biology
- International Board of Humanitarian Organizations
- International Board of Immunology & Allergy
- International Board of Internal Medicine
- International Board of Medical Correspondents and Reporters
- International Board of Medical Ethics
- International Board of Medical Innovations
- International Board of Medical Interns
- International Board of Medical Journals & Bulletins
- International Board of Medical Laboratories
- International Board of Medical Laboratory Technicians
- International Board of Medical Libraries
- International Board of Medical Management
- International Board of Medical Media
- International Board of Medical Organizations
- International Board of Medical Publicists
- International Board of Medical Publishers
- International Board of Medical Residents
- International Board of Medical Sociology
- International Board of Medical Students
- International Board of Medical Suppliers & Traders
- International Board of Medical Surveys and Statistics
- International Board of Medical Technicians
- International Board of Medical Technology (Medicotechnology)
- International Board of Metabolic Diseases
- International Board of Microbiology
- International Board of Molecular Oncology
- International Board of Neonatalogy
- International Board of Nephrology
- International Board of Neurology
- International Board of Neurosurgery
- International Board of Nuclear Medicine
- International Board of Nuclear Oncology
- International Board of Nursing
- International Board of Nutrition & Dietetics
- International Board of Oncology
- International Board of Oncopathology
- International Board of Obstetrics & Gynecology
- International Board of Opthalmology
- International Board of Optometry
- International Board of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery
- International Board of Orthopedics
- International Board of Osteopathy
- International Board of Paramedics
- International Board of Parasitology
- International Board of Pathology
- International Board of Pediatric Cardiology
- International Board of Pediatric Cardiovascular Surgery
- International Board of Pediatric Hematology
- International Board of Pediatric Neurology
- International Board of Pediatric Neurosurgery
- International Board of Pediatric Oncology
- International Board of Pediatric Psychiatry
- International Board of Pediatric Psychology
- International Board of Pediatrics
- International Board of Pediatric Surgery
- International Board of Personal Care & Hygiene
- International Board of Pharmacology & Toxicology
- International Board of Pharmaceuticals
- International Board of Pharmacists
- International Board of Physiology
- International Board of Physiotherapy
- International Board of Plastic Surgery
- International Board of Psychiatry
- International Board of Psychology
- International Board of Radiology
- International Board of Red Cross & Red Crescent
- International Board of Respiratory Diseases
- International Board of Rheumatology
- International Board of Sea Ambulance Services
- International Board of Sports Medicine
- International Board of Surgery
- International Board of Thoracic Surgery
- International Board of Transplant Medicine
- International Board of Transplant Surgery
- International Board of Transplant Units
- International Board of Tropical Medicine
- International Board of Urology
- International Board of Venereal Diseases (Excluding AIDS)
- International Board of Virology
WAMS EDUCATION AND TRAINING BOARD (ETB)
Within the academy, as a main part of the academy faculty, the Education and training Board takes a vital constituent place having the duty of implementing practical and academic education and training at undergraduate, graduate and postgraduate levels. As the sole international establishment of scientific resource and expertise for the World’s medical community at every level of medical science, the Academy administer full undergraduate, graduate and postgraduate curriculums in its academic year between September and July.
At the faculty as well as the Academy Hospitals, affiliated hospitals and member medical institutions and the scientific partners of the Academy, comprehensive undergraduate, graduate and postgraduate are administered. In these advanced and multifaceted programs, the ETB takes up the duty of education and training in a system of integral and graded discipline in which any members of the Academy, from a student to a senior Academy professor, may join training, studies and activities. In the wholesome system, there is every opportunity for all junior and senior Academy members to take gratifying, fulfilling and successful parts having all the available facilities to enable themselves to improve their knowledge, proficiency, skills and competence, and remain effective and compatible with their career progression and therefore contribute to and be part of the “Universal Medicine”.
In cooperation with the IMREC (International Medical Research Council), ACI (Academy Clinics International), UC (Universal Clinics), ISBC (International Specialty Boards Commission), IMBB (International Medicotechnology and Biotechnology Board) and WAMSIC (WAMS Innovation Council), the ETB provides and supports grants and contracts for fellowship, training and Construction of medical education, training and research facilities nationally and internationally.
The curriculums contain key elements and practical subjects in the disciplines of clinical and basic medical sciences at undergraduate, graduate and postgraduate levels including up-to-date training in professional knowledge, skills, proficiency, practice, procedures, techniques and management in all medical fields and specialties ensuring comparability of scopes and standards. Depending upon their career intentions, postgraduate students have the opportunity to have a wide range of options and possibilities in having additional knowledge, experience and qualifications in all specialties and sub-specialties.
INTERNATIONAL MEDICOTECHNOLOGY AND BIOTECHNOLOGY BOARD (IMBB)
Medico technology helps us upkeep , maintain and advance the science of medicine on all fronts with technological development and innovation, and biotechnology gives us opportunities to use all the technical, biological and practical facilities available to collaborate and perform to make the human race healthy and happy.
Through its highly specialized units, the WAMS’ International Medicotechnology and Biotechnology Board (IMBB) makes every effort to let the peoples of the World have the maximum benefits of todays modern Medicotechnology and Biotechnology.
As a vital part of the Academy headed by an Executive Vice-President, IMBB administers all the duties related to the academy’s medicotechnological and biotechnological matters and issues as well as a wide range of medicotechnological and biotechnological research duties in cooperation with the WAMS International Specialty Boards Commission (ISBC) and the International Medical Research Network (IMREN), and innovative duties in cooperation with the Academy’s Innovation Network (WAMSIN) and the International Medical Intellectual Property Office (IMIPO), IMBB organizes, coordinates and administers the exchange of medicotechnological and biotechnological information as well as the exchange of posts and positions medicotechnological and biotechnological sciences nationally and internationally. It globally promotes, supports and finances prospective and ongoing research work, studies and projects in medicotechnology and biotechnology. Collaborating with ISBC, IMREN, WAMSIN and IMIPO, it also internationally provides and supports grants and contracts for fellowship and training in clinical and research medicine.