WAMS International Board of Medical Ethics (WAMS-IBME)
A Division of The World Academy of Medical Sciences
Welcome to the WAMS International Board of Medical Ethics (WAMS-IBME), a dedicated division of WAMS, The World Academy of Medical Sciences. We are honored to be part of an institution that is revolutionizing the field of medical sciences worldwide. As the sole official world institution of its kind, WAMS stands at the forefront of advancing medical knowledge and ethical practices. The WAMS-IBME is a vital component of this global endeavor, focused on upholding the highest standards of medical ethics and fostering collaboration in the medical community as an internationally recognized certifying authority.
WAMS, The World Academy of Medical Sciences is a distinguished global institution with a primary mission to create a universal medical medium where the standards and practice of clinical and basic medical sciences are academically followed, performed, improved, and expanded through collaborative work, duties, missions, and activities. We strive to create a global medical community that shares knowledge, resources, and best practices to advance healthcare worldwide. As such, WAMS has earned its reputation as a leading force in shaping the future of medicine and medical ethics.
Solidifying Medical Ethics Standards
The WAMS International Board of Medical Ethics (WAMS-IBME) serves as a critical pillar of the Academy, dedicated to promoting and upholding the highest standards of medical ethics.
WAMS envisions an international convergence of Medicine, promoting cooperation and attunement among its members, member institutions, and scientific partners. This collaborative network includes medical faculties, medical schools, hospitals, medical institutions, medical research centers and laboratories, as well as medical, biomedical, and pharmaceutical enterprises, institutions, and associations.
The foundation of our approach lies in research, training, and education. While we value scientific excellence, our core belief is that ethical medical practice should be the bedrock upon which all medical activities stand. We aim to elevate the ethical consciousness of the global medical community through various activities and initiatives.
We provide global guidance and support in upholding ethical standards in medical practice and research, providing educational value via resources and comprehensive programs.
Global Medical Unity
We work towards creating a worldwide medical community that operates on the principles of impartial progress and expansion of medical and medicine-related sciences with conformed academic and practical standards.
We foster collaboration between medical professionals, institutions, and organizations to drive innovation, knowledge sharing, and research partnerships between medical entities on a global scale.
Validation & Certification
We offer certifications and recognition to institutions and individuals who demonstrate a commitment to upholding the highest ethical standards in medicine, including clinical studies and academic research endeavors.
IBME Clinical Studies
Validation & Certification
The Clinical Study Validation by WAMS-IBME aims to serve as a beacon of integrity in the realm of medical research, fostering an environment where ethical principles and scientific excellence are inextricably linked. We are committed to advancing healthcare, improving patient outcomes, and enhancing the credibility of clinical studies worldwide.
The Clinical Study Validation is designed to ensure ethical and scientific integrity, benefiting the entire medical community, including researchers, healthcare providers, institutions, and, most importantly, patients.
Its scope encompasses:
- Ethical Oversight: WAMS-IBME will evaluate the ethical aspects of clinical study protocols, ensuring that research activities adhere to the highest ethical standards. This includes the principles of informed consent, confidentiality, and the protection of participants’ rights and well-being.
- Research Methodology Review: We will rigorously assess the design, methods, and statistical approaches employed in clinical studies to verify their scientific validity and robustness. Our experts will offer guidance to enhance research methodologies when necessary.
- Data Integrity Assessment: We will scrutinize the collection, management, and analysis of clinical data to confirm its accuracy and reliability. Data integrity is vital for drawing meaningful and trustworthy conclusions.
- Transparency and Reporting: WAMS-IBME will ensure that clinical study results are transparently and accurately reported. We will encourage open access to research findings, contributing to the broader dissemination of knowledge.
- Validation of Clinical Trials: WAMS-IBME will play a pivotal role in the validation of clinical trials, verifying that they meet international standards and guidelines. This will involve assessing the trial’s design, conduct, and outcomes.
- Global Reach: Our service is not confined by geographic boundaries. We will collaborate with institutions and researchers worldwide, offering our expertise and guidance to enhance the global standard of clinical study validation.
The Clinical Study Validation by WAMS-IBME is purposely driven by a set of clear objectives designed to uphold the ethical and scientific excellence of clinical research.
Our objectives include:
- Enhancing Ethical Awareness: To raise ethical consciousness in the medical community, promoting a culture of ethical research conduct and the protection of patients’ rights.
- Ensuring Data Credibility: To validate the integrity of clinical data, confirming that research findings are based on accurate and reliable information.
- Promoting Scientific Validity: To validate research methodologies, statistical analyses, and overall study designs, ensuring they adhere to scientific rigor.
- Supporting Informed Decision-Making: To empower researchers, healthcare providers, and institutions with the knowledge and tools necessary to make informed decisions about clinical study design and conduct.
- Fostering Transparency: To promote transparency in clinical research, enabling the wider scientific community to access and evaluate research findings.
- Improving Patient Safety: To safeguard the well-being of clinical study participants by validating the ethical and scientific aspects of research.
- Setting Global Standards: To contribute to the establishment of international standards for clinical study validation, elevating the quality and integrity of medical research on a global scale.
- Facilitating Collaboration: To create a collaborative network of researchers, institutions, and ethical experts who work together to ensure the highest standards of clinical study validation.
IBME Review Process
Clinical Study Protocols
The study protocol for the clinical validation study is to be submitted to the WAMS International Board of Medical Ethics (WAMS-IBME) for ethical review.
The key steps in the review process are as follows:
I. Submission of the study protocol to the WAMS-IBME
The process of seeking approval from the WAMS-IBME initiates with the formal submission of the study protocol.
- Protocol Preparation: Prior to submission, the research team, led by the Principal Investigator, diligently prepares the study protocol. The protocol comprises comprehensive information regarding the clinical validation study, encompassing its objectives, methodologies, participant recruitment, data collection, and ethical considerations.
- Submission Documentation: The study protocol is accompanied by a complete submission package. The package includes the study’s detailed protocol, informed consent forms, participant recruitment materials, data collection instruments, and any other relevant documents required for a thorough review.
- Cover Letter: The submission is to be accompanied by a cover letter that introduces the study, its objectives, and emphasizes the importance of ethical compliance. It may also include a brief summary of the study’s key points and the principal investigator’s contact information.
- Submission to the WAMS-IBME: The submission package is formally sent to the designated WAMS-IBME, ensuring that all necessary contact information and addresses are correct. The submission is securely made via our contact page, adhering to the specific submission guidelines provided by the reviewing body (see below).
- Confirmation of Receipt: The WAMS-IBME acknowledges the receipt of the submission. A formal confirmation may be received to ensure that the submission process is complete and the review will commence.
The submission of the study protocol is the initial step in the ethical review process. It serves as the foundation for the thorough examination of the study’s objectives, methodologies, and ethical considerations, ensuring that the research adheres to the highest ethical standards throughout its execution. The formal review process will follow the submission, culminating in the approval of the clinical validation study.
II. Review of the study protocol by the WAMS-IBME
Upon successful submission of the clinical validation study protocol to the WAMS-IBME, the review process commences with the following considerations:
- Initial Screening: The WAMS-IBME conducts an initial screening of the submitted materials to ensure that all necessary documents are complete and in compliance with submission requirements. This includes verifying that the informed consent forms, participant recruitment materials, data collection instruments, and other relevant documents are in order.
- Assignment to Reviewers: The WAMS-IBME assigns the study protocol to qualified reviewers with expertise in the study’s subject matter. Reviewers may include medical professionals, researchers, and ethical experts who will carefully assess the protocol for scientific validity and ethical considerations.
- Ethical and Scientific Review: The reviewers undertake a comprehensive evaluation of the study protocol. Ethical considerations include participant consent, protection of participants’ rights, and adherence to ethical principles. Scientific validity is assessed, ensuring that the study is methodologically sound and capable of yielding valuable insights.
- Timeline Adherence: The WAMS-IBME is committed to a timely review process. Reviewers aim to complete their assessments and provide feedback within the initial 30-day window to facilitate efficient and timely approval.
- Clarifications and Revisions: If the review reveals any areas where the protocol does not align with ethical guidelines, the WAMS-IBME may request clarifications or revisions from the research team. Such requests are meant to ensure that the study adheres to the highest ethical standards.
The WAMS-IBME’s review process is conducted with the utmost diligence and integrity. It involves a thorough evaluation of the study protocol to confirm that it meets ethical and scientific standards, ensuring the protection of participants’ rights and the validity of the research findings. Upon successful review, the study will proceed with ethical approval.
IBME Submission Guidelines
Ensuring Efficient Processing
To ensure a smooth and efficient submission process, please adhere to the following guidelines when submitting your study for validation:
- Eligibility: Submissions are welcome from researchers, healthcare institutions, and organizations involved in clinical studies.
- Initial Inquiry: Begin the submission process by sending an initial inquiry via our contact page. In your submission, briefly outline your study and your interest in WAMS-IBME’s validation service. This step allows us to assess the suitability of your study for our services.
- Submission Package: Upon receiving confirmation of interest, prepare a comprehensive submission package that includes the following: a. A cover letter detailing your request for clinical study validation; b. A complete study protocol, including a description of the research objectives, methodology, and expected outcomes; c. Informed consent forms used in the study; d. Any relevant ethical review board approvals or documentation; e. Data collection and management procedures; f. Statistical analysis plan; g. Any additional documentation that you believe is essential for the validation process.
- Confidentiality: WAMS-IBME takes data privacy and confidentiality seriously. All submitted materials will be treated with the utmost discretion. You may request a confidentiality agreement if necessary.
- Submission Format: All documents must be submitted electronically in PDF format. Please ensure that your submission is well-organized, labeled, and easily navigable.
- Evaluation Process: Your submission will undergo a thorough review process by our experts. This process may include ethical, methodological, and data integrity assessments.
- Feedback and Recommendations: Once the review is complete, you will receive a detailed report containing feedback, recommendations, and any necessary revisions. Collaboration with our experts is encouraged for optimal results.
- Validation Certificate: If your clinical study meets the highest ethical and scientific standards, you will receive a Clinical Study Validation Certificate from WAMS-IBME.
- Service Fees: WAMS-IBME may charge a fee for its clinical study validation services. Please inquire about the fee structure during the initial inquiry stage.
- Contact Information: For any questions, to initiate the submission process, or to request further information, please contact us at our contact page.
We look forward to the opportunity to assist you in upholding the highest ethical and scientific standards in your clinical study. WAMS-IBME is dedicated to improving the quality of medical research and contributing to the betterment of healthcare for all.