Dr. Musaab Abdulateef Alayob, MD, MBChB
Chairman of the National Council of Iraq and Academy Fellow.
Dr. Musaab Abdulateef Alayob obtained his M.B.Ch.B. at the Basra University/ Faculty of Medicine in 1993, EMD Emergency Medicine Diploma in 2011, he is a member of the Board of Emergency Medicine (Jordon Medical Council ) since 2013, the Head of the Emergency Medicine Council in Basra Health Directorate since, a Member of the Emergency Medicine Council at the Ministry of Health since 2014, and is also a Member of the Final Arabic Board of Emergency Medicine.
Experience & Employment Record:
- House officer rotating internship Ibn Majed Hospital, Basra. 1994 – 1996
- Rural area Primary Healthcare Centre. 1996 – 1998
- Senior House Officer (General Surgery) Basra Military Hospital. 1998 – 2001
- Primary Health Centre Director Basra province. 2001 – 2003
- Director of Emergency Department at the Al-Shefaa Hospital. 2003 – 2005
- Director of the Medical Operation & Specialized Services (EMS) Department at the Basra Health Directorate. 2005 – 2007
- CABMS Trainee in the Emergency Medicine Specialty – Medical City, Baghdad Hospital Baghdad. 2007 – 2012
- Emergency specialist at the Basra General Hospital. 2012 – 2015
- Director of the Emergency Department
- Director of Medical Operation and Specialized Services in Basra DOH. 2015 – Present
Medical Societies (Membership)
Iraqi Medical Society – 1993
Exhibits outside Iraq:
- Certified by the University of Maryland, Baltimore for the International Emergency Preparedness & Response Program, 11/8/2006.
- Certified by Nippon medical school for the course and workshop of the Management System of Emergency Medical Service, Japan 1/12 – 30/12/2006.
- Certified by WHO/UNICEF/UNDP for the course and workshop of the Pilot Project on National Injury Surveillance, Integrating Landmine and Explosive Remnants of War Victims. Jordan 31/10 – 4/11/2007.
- Attended WHO conference in Amman 2007 for the improvement of Iraq EMS.
- Certified by IRCT for the Training Seminar of the care and Rehabilitation of Victims of Torture in Post-Conflict Iraq, Kuwait 28/3 – 1/4/2005.
- Certified by IRCT for the Training Seminar of the care and Rehabilitation Torture victim in Post-war Iraq: clinical management & administration, Kuwait 25 – 30/9/2005.
- Certified by IRCT for the Training Seminar of the Conflict Management, Kuwait 27 – 29/4/2006.
- Certified by IRCT for the Training Seminar of the addressing Medical, Forensic & Therapeutic Dimensions of Torture, Kuwait 30/4 – 5/5/2006.
- Certified by IRCT for the Training of Trainers Seminar of the Administration & Management of rehabilitation Centre, Kuwait 22 – 26/4/2007.
- Certified for the course and workshop of the Prison Health and medical services, United Kingdom 2005.
- Attended the WHO program of national injury monitoring as a stalk holder, Jordan12/ 2007.
- Certified as PTC (primary trauma care) provider by the British PTC Council in Baghdad Al-rashed Hotel 2010.
- Certified by HNS for the course of decision maker United Kingdome.
- Certified as PALS provider by the American Heart Association 2010 (Harbor-UCLA Medical center).
- Certified as ACLS provider by the American Heart Association.
- Certified as health care provider by the American Heart Association.
- Attended Masimo Conference (screening for critical congenital heart disease of the newborn). Istanbul 2015
Exhibits inside Iraq:
- Certified by the ICRC (International Red Cross) for the course and workshop of the Emergency Room Trauma, Sulaimani 1/12 – 22/12/2006.
- Certified by the ICRC for the course and workshop of the Emergency Room Trauma as an instructor, Sulaimani 20/10 – 23/10/2008.
- Certified by FRCT for the Training Course of the Physical Torture, Basra 20 – 22/2/2006.
- Certified by FRCT for the Training Course of the Training of Trainer EMS, Basra 28/5 – 1/6/2006.
- Attended and supervised the First Iraqi Emergency Medicine Conference, with two lks, Basra 14/1 –15/1 2008.
- Attended and supervised the First Southern Iraqi Integrating Landmine and Explosive Remnants of War victims Conference, with a talk “Considerable Ethical Issues in Emergency Management”, Basra.
- Attended and supervised the second Southern Iraqi Integrating Landmine and Explosive Remnants of War victims Conference, with a talk “Considerable Ethical Issues in Emergency Management”, Basra.
- Attended as a member of the Preparation Committee, member of the Scientific Committee of The Second International Conference Of Emergency Medicine in Basra with one talk 2013.
- Attended and supervised as the chief of the preparation committee and member of the Scientific Committee of (The First International Conference of Emergencies In Head and Neck Missile Injuries.
Medical Work experience:
- Twenty-two years of experience as a medical doctor. More than 13 years in emergency and emergency logistic fields.
- Ten years of experience as an assistant doctor in Traumatology and surgery under the supervision of many senior surgeons.
- Administrative skills in Managing and ruling the emergency rooms in all Basra hospitals and medical institutions as a Director of the Medical Operation & special Services (EMS) Department in the Basra Health Directorate.
- Supervisor and trainer of the program of national injury monitoring in Basra.
- Holding and establishing a monthly course for the paramedics in the first aid subjects for a period of seven years.
- Trainer in the ATLS for junior doctors for a period of seven years.
- Establishment of the Medical Operation & Special Services Department (EMS) in the Basra Health Directorate (1ST Director of this department). 2005
- Establishment of prison medical services. And logistics medical services for the security medical units in Basra in 2005.
- ICRC instructor in trauma and emergency.
- 10.IMC (International medical Cooperation) instructor, more than 7 years training courses for paramedics in Baghdad medical city , paramedics in ministry of interior , admin personnel in MOH for BLS and trauma care , firefighters for BLS and trauma care , junior doctors in Baghdad medical city and Basra health directorate for BLS, ATLS ,ACLS, and PALS.
- Lecturer and trainer of clinical emergency medicine in Basra College of Medicine since 2013.
- Lecturer and trainer of clinical emergency medicine in Basra Nursing College since 2013.
- Lecturer and trainer of clinical emergency medicine for the 1st year trainee of Arab board of family medicine since 2015.